Mr. Harold Hilliard, MA,CMAA,CSCS*D,RSCC*E
Director of Athletics
The Athletic Program at Trinity is designed to provide opportunities for competitive athletics while enriching the total educational experience of each student-athlete. From the Lower School to the Upper School, opportunities are available for boys and girls to reach their potential through performance, to further their experiences in teamwork, physical well-being, and positive citizenship.
Trinity fields 36 interscholastic sport teams, including football, volleyball, basketball, tennis, baseball, softball, golf, soccer, track, swimming and cross country. Trinity’s award-winning cheerleaders and dance team are champions themselves, successfully competing in state and regional competitions. Over 84% of our students participate in at least one sport.
We consistently produce championship teams and All-State athletes. Colleges recruit our players, and our graduates have gone on to play for teams ranging from NCAA Division I schools to the LPGA.
Trinity teams participate in age-appropriate strength and conditioning to give them the tools necessary to succeed. Trinity athletes practice and compete on some of the area’s finest fields and indoor facilities. A 3,000-seat football stadium, two regulation gyms, beautifully manicured football/soccer, baseball and softball fields, a fully-equipped weight room, tennis courts give our student athletes the fullest opportunity to reach their maximum potential. A large concession area, with an adjacent terrace, enhances the food and fellowship that are such an integral part of Trinity sports. Friday night football games always feature a standing-room-only crowd, the smell of hamburgers on the grill and unbridled enthusiasm.
Trinity’s skilled coaching staff has built a reputation for excellence and integrity. The coaches work to instill in each student athlete a desire to excel, both on and off the field/court.
- Trinity has won 27 AHSAA state championships, most recently the 2018 State Girls Soccer, 2017 Boys Cross Country, 2017 State Girls Golf, 2015 State Cross Country and 2015 State Baseball Championships, along with back-to-back State Baseball Championships in 2012 and 2013.
- Trinity varsity football has made 17 consecutive appearances in post-season playoffs.
- Over 84% of students in grades 7-12 compete in at least one sport at Trinity.
- Trinity has more Jimmy Hitchcock Award recipients than any other independent school in Montgomery. Our most recent recipient is a 2017 graduate.
- Trinity has a long-standing tradition of championship-level teams, and many Trinity athletes play at the next level in several sports, including four 2015 graduates, where three are playing baseball and one playing football at the next level.
- A 2016 Trinity graduate won the 2015 Class 4A Regional Bryant-Jordan Scholar-Athlete Award.
- Trinity's Athletic Department has received the Sportsmanship Award for three consecutive years from the Central Alabama Football Officials Association.