Preparing for College Athletics
There are numerous opportunities for young women and young men to continue their athletic careers after high school. Opportunities exist in NCAA Division I, II, and III, NAIA, and NJCAA. The first step for students and parents should be to talk with your varsity head coach about the process.
Trinity Presbyterian School student-athletes with plans on participating in Division I or Division II intercollegiate athletics must register through the NCAA Initial Eligibility Center in order to proceed in the recruitment process. We recommend that student-athletes register at the end of their junior year once final grades are available.
The registration process requires student-athletes to print transcript forms that must be given to each high school you attended. Be sure to give the transcript form to your counselor, so that TPS may mail your transcript to the NCAA Eligibility Center. Contact Elizabeth Mosley at email@example.com or visit the NCAA Eligibility website if you have any questions.
Check the links below to find out everything you ever wanted to know about college athletics.
- NCAA Eligibility Center: https://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3/
- NCAA main website: http://www.ncaa.org/
- NAIA Eligibility Center: https://www.playnaia.org/
- Free athletic scholarship information: http://www.finaid.org/otheraid/sports.phtml
- There are numerous businesses that will help with promoting student athletes to schools. These are for-profit companies and Trinity Presbyterian School does not support any of these. Parents should use their judgment on how to best promote their children’s interests.